About this apprenticeship
Are you the type of person who loves to solve problems? Read on …
St Thomas More RC Academy are looking for an easy-going, logical and self-motivated individual who is passionate about starting a career in IT.
- As part of this 15-month apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to gain an Advanced Level 3 Qualification as an “Infrastructure Technician”.
- You will also have the opportunity to become a certified CompTIA A+ Technician. This is a recognised industry qualification.
- The opportunity to learn from an experienced team with an excellent track record with apprentices.
- You’re entitled to 23 days annual leave PLUS you will receive an additional 7 days mandatory leave during the school’s two-week Christmas closure.
- You will receive an early finish every Friday!
- Provide general IT support to pupils and staff across PC’s and mobile operating devices.
- Facilitate the effective availability, use and maintenance of IT equipment as required by staff/curriculum/lesson plans.
- Maintenance and support of Audio Visual equipment.
- Carry out routine tests and maintenance of IT equipment.
- Preparation and installation of IT equipment.
- Demonstrate and assist others in safe and effective use of IT equipment.
- Any other relevant responsibilities as requested by your Line Manager.
St Thomas More are looking for the right candidate who can fit in well with a small team. No previous IT experience is necessary, but you must be willing to learn and have a strong “can do” attitude!
St Thomas More RC Academy and Code will support you to be your best and we are looking for the right candidate to develop beyond this apprenticeship role. Apply now if you want to kick start your career in IT!
Anticipated start date1 August 2019
LocationNorth Shields, NE29 8LF
Wage£144.30 per week
Hours per week37
Working patternMonday to Thursday (8.30am - 4.30pm). Friday (8.30am - 4.00pm).
It is essential that you hold GCSE Grades A*-C/5-9 (or equivalent) in:
- English Language
We are looking for someone who is:
- Easy going
The following skills would also be beneficial:
- High level of computer literacy
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good problem-solving skills
About St Thomas More Roman Catholic Academy
St Thomas More RC Academy is a Catholic School in North Shields serving students aged 11-18.
The school aims:
- To be a community based on Christian values, notably Love, Justice, Peace, Truth and Tolerance, and to encourage individuals in their commitment to these ideals.
- To provide a secure, welcoming and ordered environment in which individuals learn to value and respect both themselves and others.
- To give individuals the opportunities to develop their full potential as human beings, and to encourage and challenge them to do so.
- To encourage everyone to strive to do their best and to strive for the highest standards in all areas of activity.
- To help children to grow into confident, open, resourceful young people with a sense of responsibility and of service.
The IT Department in St. Thomas More RC Academy provides a vital function ensuring that staff and students are able to use technology in and out of the classroom providing valued support when things go wrong.
The IT Department also works to support the IT functions across 5 other primary schools ensuring that teachers and learners are able to use technology effectively with minimal disruption.
Company addressLynn Road, North Shields, Tyne & Wear NE29 8LF
Things to consider
This is a 15-month fixed term contract.
There will not be funding available to continue this role after the apprenticeship has finished. However, St Thomas More RC Academy have had 4 apprentices previously in the same department and 100% of these apprentices found employment after their experience in the school.
There may also be opportunities with Code following this apprenticeship to specialise in Cyber Security or Cyber Intrusion through a Level 4 apprenticeship.
The school has good public transport links via bus and Metro.
Due to the nature of working in a school you will be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be required to undertake a DBS check.
All employees at St Thomas More RC Academy are required to maintain confidentiality regarding any information about finance, students and employees.