About this apprenticeship
Are you a logical person who loves to solve problems and see your creations come to life? Look no further …
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual who is passionate about coding. You will have an amazing opportunity to learn from the Software Engineers on site as you tackle real world software problems which will result in solutions for large multi-national clients.
To succeed in this role you will need to be keen to learn and able to think logically to solve complex problems in high pressure environments.
You will also be a flexible, hard-working person who can adapt to changing demands and responsibilities and fit in well within a wider team.
We will support you to be your best and we are looking for the right candidate to develop beyond this apprenticeship role.
We are looking for the right candidate to take responsibility for:
• Collaborate with end user to design and implement specified software features.
• Quickly and efficiently produce well organised, optimised and well documented software in accordance with our internal software specification.
• Liaise with customers and identify their user requirements.
• Continuously learn and develop skills and knowledge .
• Investigate new technology.
• Working closely with other departments: such as installation and production, and design to ensure timings are met.
• Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
• Communicate progress information back to Engineering manager.
• Prepare and manage any follow-up actions.
Anticipated start date05/08/2019
LocationSunderland, SR5 3RX
Wage£9,750 per year
Hours per week37.5
Working pattern8:00am till 4:30pm Monday to Thursday. 8:00am till 1:30pm Friday.
GCSE Maths and English – Grade 4/C or above, or equivalent
We are looking for someone who is:
About AR Controls
AR Controls are a fast turnaround, experienced technology driven company offering their customers significant productivity and quality improvements to their processes while driving down costs and reducing risk.
We have many open working partnerships with some of the world’s leading automation companies in sensing, position control, visual inspection, machine safety, auto-ident, robotics, drives and programmable logic control. This gives us the flexibility to offer you the best and most cost-effective solution for your requirements without any “Brand Pressure”.
Employing a “Safety First” design and development philosophy for all our solutions gives our customers a measurable reduction in accidents and near misses. This in turn reduces risk and downtime.
Through our unique plant and design training we offer our customers faster ramp-up on new systems and processes and more rapid assimilation of technical competencies for production staff. Using a proven research and development process and a robust project management system we ensure that we minimise the majority of snags during the project life.
In understanding YOUR business and process first and foremost we then ensure that we integrate seamlessly with your needs and business goals. Think of AR Controls as a partner, an extension of your own engineering team which you outsource projects to into the future.
Company addressUnit 4 Sunrise Enterprise Park,
Things to consider
The office is located close to the Nissan offices with good transport links (through the number 36 bus) from Sunderland.
There may be opportunities for the right candidate to grow into a Software Developer role in future with further training options.