About this apprenticeship
Are you a super organised, highly driven, proactive individual? Do you live on your phone? Then you’re just what we’re looking for … read on.
We want someone with creative flair who’s able to bounce ideas around and put forward your suggestions as well as being a good multi-tasker. I’m looking for a technically savvy mind combined with endless enthusiasm to pull together inspirational social media in new & unique ways to showcase our products. This role will also include general office duties and will be based at our office in Durham.
Your responsibilities would be as follows:
- Management of website and social media accounts
- Generating sales through digital channels
- Taking high quality photographs and videos of products
- Competitor awareness
- Keeping up to date with social trends
- Serving customers to promote sales
- Pay per click adverts and customer reviews
As this role is within a small business, your main focus would be on growing the businesses sales through digital marketing but you will also be expected to deal with customers face-to-face, support in the warehouse when needed and support the business as required.
You will receive an Advanced Level 3 qualification in Digital Marketing (equivalent to 2 A Levels) upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and there are opportunities to progress in the role for the right candidate.
This could be the perfect role for you to grow your career in a supportive and varied business. Apply today.
Anticipated start dateAs soon as possible.
LocationDurham, DH1 3NJ
Wage£5 per hour
Hours per week30
Working patternMon – Sat: Varied shifts between 9.00am to 4.30pm.
You will need a minimum of Grade C/Level 4 in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent).
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft packages
- Great knowledge of how to use social media networks including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (We want someone who lives on their phone creating posts for fun!)
- Photography skills, editing etc (knowing what works and what doesn’t!)
- Creative mind with a flair for staging photography
- Able to carry out office duties such as taking and processing orders, dealing with customer enquiries, answering phones and emails. (All of which can be taught on site for our systems)
- Smart appearance and good communication skills to work well within our small team
We are looking for someone who is:
- A self-starter and self-motivated. We want someone who brings ideas to us.
- Willing to review and self-regulate performance.
- Detail orientated.
About Andersons of Durham
With our store based in the beautiful city of Durham, surrounded by the magnificent Castle and Cathedral, we are rightly proud of our history and heritage.
Established for over 30 years, we have built up an enviable reputation of supplying the very finest English heritage footwear to customers with the most discerning of tastes.
Our footwear range has been crafted with the same passion that has inspired shoemakers for over one hundred years.
At Andersons of Durham we supply brands that believe in quality and detail, whilst valuing the time it takes to make something that is truly different.
Company addressUnit 8 Market Place, Durham Indoor Market, Durham, County Durham, England DH1 3NJ
Things to consider
The shop is located in central Durham with excellent transport links and amenities nearby.